Monday, October 10, 2011

The Poetry Weaver

Like a spider's prey all caught up in words of love both cool and playful,he drew me
to him.Poetry my downfall. Woven tightly around me. Warp and weft he wove
his lovely words of desire and bound fast my heart. Long before I knew the sound of
his voice, the look in his eyes,the taste of his lips he had me trapped in love and need.There was no escape from this shimmering web. He fed on my on my flesh and my soul.


a spiders web holds
through nights of love and longing
and with the dawn breaks

left behind torn rent
drained of all my innocence
clutching wispy words

empty tenderness
now meant for some other love 
bloodless left to cry

beware those sweet words
beware those dark shining eyes
beware tides that bind.

6 comments:

Someone is Special said...

Melanie, the way you started the poem is just so amazing.. "He fed on my flesh and soul" - Powerful line.. and the last one is too touching... Love this work of yours..

Someone is Special

Cassiopeia Rises said...

Much thanks SIS. Thanks for reading my work.


Melanie

Nanka said...

".....had me trapped in love and need.There was no escape from this shimmering web. He fed on me, on my flesh and my soul. "
Very powerful lines and the poem weaves a strong message too.

Daydreamertoo said...

Awwww I hope whomever she is, she can let this unworthy person go and find another who will love her with the coming of dawn every day.
Beautiful writing.

Cassiopeia Rises said...

Thank you Nanka, I am glad you liked it. I has a special meaning for me.


Melanie

Cassiopeia Rises said...

Maybe someday my friend. Thank you Daydreamertoo, glad you liked it.


Melanie