Friday, September 14, 2012

One Single Impression



My hands open the curtains of your being
I have loved you long these many years
Our hearts entwined, growing together,inseparable

I have memorized the touch of your fragrant silken skin
Each curve a tender path that I must travel
As I reach for your soft mellow body

you tremble ever so slightly as if a cool wind covered your heart
Oh, open your door my love, be my constant need, fill my desire
As I hold you close, I feel your softness melt into me



*this is an older poem that I have reworked

3 comments:

Jim said...

You are soooo good at these love poems, Melannie. Are there lessons for writing these or do they just come from the heart?
I really like the line,
"I have memorized the touch of your fragrant silken skin" and the next. Imaging is great, I can just see myself in that place.
Also nice fitting of the prompt word, 'constant.'
..

Lisa at Greenbow said...

How sensual and romantic.

Sandra said...

romantic...beautiful words!