Monday, September 21, 2009

Old Souls...Were We



You have left me
hiding your heart away
soft gray eyes
now speak words unknown

Lips, once kissed sweet
smiles vacant__indifferent
grown cold with time
become shadows of once was

Our bodies did burn
wild with promise__desire
ruddy hot entwined
scorched blacken shapes

old souls were we

Whispered unheard pleas
ground__you lovingly walked
opens once more...to receive
love in an empty shell

Oh, lying garnet lips
unfaithful labia
another takes your mind
another fancy fills your eyes

You, have left my body
you have left my soul
covered, I am voided
my heart...richest prize

Broken__dead

Let the gentle loam
cover this flesh and blood
grape hyacinth...a haze of purple
feed now__upon these eyes

Must now__this breath, forever stilled

4 comments:

Jane Doe said...

Breathtaking! Sorrow and sadness radiate from the page in this one. Very well written.

gautami tripathy said...

You do sad so well..

glaring nightmare

Cassiopeia Rises said...

Thanks again Jane for reading this poem. I am very glad that you liked it.


love-Melanie-bhd

Cassiopeia Rises said...

Tami, you are right, sadness seems to follow me.
I just love your poetry of late. You have truly grown.


love-Melanie-bhd